To improve performance of the system, ORSEE uses an internal mail queue for some types of emails.
Specifically, the following emails are sent through the mail queue:
- experiment invitations,
- session reminders,
- no-show warnings,
- participant exclusion emails
- bulk emails (from search results, unconfirmed profile list, session participant list)
That is, these emails are not sent immediately to the recipient, but first to a queue table in the database. A regular system task processes the mail queue every 5 minutes (or whatever you defined in Options/regular system task) and each time sends out 50 e-mails (or whatever you defined in General settings).
You can access a particular experiment's mail queue from the respective experiment main page, or watch the whole mail queue the
Monitoring section. If there are many emails in the mail queue, the display is paged. You can access a respective participant's profile page or an experiment's main page directly from the queue.
You can delete emails from the mail queue by using one of three options:
Delete alldeletes all emails from the currently displayed (experiment/general) mail queue.
Delete all on this pagedeletes all emails displayed on the current page.
Delete selecteddeletes all emails in the list that have been selected.
Some other system emails are sent directly after a particular action: * the participant profile registration email after a person signed up for the database,
- the session enrolment confirmation email after a subject enrolled in a session,
- the enrollment cancellation confirmation email after a subject cancelled her enrollment for a session, and
- the password reset email when a subject requested a password reset.